~ Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars ~
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 tbsp. granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter @ room temperature
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cheesecake Batter
- 1 package (8 oz) regular cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Garnish
- Additional 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a square pan with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together and add in the flour and chocolate chips
- Transfer the mixture to a square pan and press it evenly onto the bottom
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese with the sugar and add in the vanilla extract.
- When the crust comes out of the oven, let it cool down before pouring in the cheesecake batter.
- Melt the chocolate chips using a double boiler:
- Pour water halfway up a saucepan and place a heatproof bowl containing the additional chocolate chips on top of the saucepan (make sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water)
- Heat up the water in the saucepan on the stove and use a heatproof spatula to stir the chocolate chips while they melt.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Cover the square pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours (preferably overnight).