Today is the first official day of the spring semester at my school. My first class of the day was physics…I can already tell that it’s going to be my hardest subject. However, it will take a few days before becoming truly scary, and thankfully I still have some time to post another recipe:
~ Clementine Chocolate Chip Bread ~
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3-5 clementines
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water (or milk)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a loaf pan with aluminum foil.
2. Juice the clementines and hold on to the remaining pulp.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
4. Toss the chocolate chips in 1-2 tbsps. of the flour mixture.
5. Combine the melted butter, egg, yogurt, clementine juice, water, vanilla extract, and pulp. (I cut the pulp into smaller pieces to make it easier to mix)
6. Fold the flour mixture into the wet mixture little by little.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips. Try not to overmix.
8. Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
9. Let cool completely before serving.