I feel awful that I have been neglecting my blog for so long. It’s literally been more than a year since my last post. 2016 was decidedly not my year. One of my new year resolutions is to post more often from now on. To start off, here is a simple and delicious banana bread recipe!
~ Banana & Coconut Bread ~
- 3 very ripe large bananas
- 1 cup shredded coconut (can be replaced with chocolate chips, dried fruits, nuts, etc)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut or vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and butter a loaf pan before lining it with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, granulated white sugar, and light brown sugar.
3. Add the eggs to the mashed bananas.
4. Add in the melted butter, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
5. Fold in the flour mixture little by little.
6. Fold in the shredded coconut.
7. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
8. Let it cool down completely before serving.
I usually eat a slice accompanied by strawberries, Nutella, or peanut butter. Enjoy! 🙂
Next post: Clementine Chocolate Chip Bread